JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
( Common to Information Technology and Computer Science & Systems
1. Discuss various steps involved in the development of an embedded system with an example.
2. Write Truth Table for the following types of gates and give one example for each
type of gate where it can be used.
(a) 3-Input NAND gate
(b) 2-Input XOR gate
(c) 2-Input NOR gate
(d) NOT gate
3. Explain the various hardware functional blocks of a typical micro controller.
4. What is a semaphore? Explain various uses of semaphores in a RTOS with examples.
5. What are events? Explain the role of events in RTOS.
6. Write short notes on the following
(a) Hard real-time systems
(b) Soft real-time systems
7. Explain the differences between an ‘Host Computer System’ and a ‘Target System’ in terms of their hardware and software.
8. Explain the important features of the following operating systems that are relevant
to embedded applications.
(a) RT Linux
(b) Windows XP
(c) Win CE
(d) Vx works