JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
1. (a) Give a good state space representation for missionaries and cannibals problem.
(b) What are the chief characteristics of producter system.
2. (a) In what kind of a problem space would a depth first search be better than a breadth first one?
(b) A problem-solving search can precede either forward or backward. Discuss the factors that determine the choice of direction for a particular problem.
3. (a) What are the uses of combining forward and backward reasoning? Justify your answer.
(b) What is meant by matching? Explain complex and approximate matching.
4. (a) Define certainty factor? What are the components of certainty factor?
(b) Explain Bayesian method of reasoning.
5. (a) What are the jobs of problem solver? What is the role of ATMS in problem solver?
(b) Explain ATMS with an example.
6. (a) What is hierarchical planning?
(b) Explain with relevant examples.
(c) What is constraint satisfaction?
7. (a) What are the three general approaches to Natural Language Processing ?
(b) Describe systemic grammars and semantic grammars.
8. Describe and discuss in detail, the techniques of
(a) Parameter adjustment
(c) chunking used in problem- solving method of “Learning”. Explain the nature of utility problem.