JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
1. (a) Explain the design issues in color CRT monitors.
(b) Distinguish between CRT monitors and direct view storage tube (DVST) devices.
2. (a) What is inside-outside test? What is its significance in polygon filling?
(b) Develop a flood-fill algorithm to fill interior of any specified polygon.
3. (a) What is meant by composite transformations?
(b) Write the general form of a scaling matrix with respect to a fixed point P(h,k) where the scaling factors in x and y directions are a and b respectively.
4. Compute the transformation matrix that maps a window with (wxmin,wxmax)=(2,2)and
(wxmax,wymax) =(4,6) onto a normalize device coordinated which has lower left corner at (0,0) and upper right corner at (1,1).
5. Drive the matrix form for the geometric transformations in 3-D graphics for the following operations.
(c) Mirror reflections.
6. (a) Discuss about the characteristics of the following illumination parameters.
i. Diffuse refection
ii. Specular reflection and
(b) At a surface point p, if the surface normal, light vector and sight vectors are given by n = j, L = -I + 2j-k and s = I + 1.5j + 05k respectively, find the vector of reflected ray and the angle it is making with surface normal.
7. (a) Distinguish zero-order, first-order and second-order continuity.
(b) What is the organization of control points followed in Bezier’s method to ensure second order continuity?
(c) What are the properties of Bezier’s curve?
8. Give a detailed note of the following rules of animation.
(a) Slow-in and Slow-out
(b) Stage the action.