JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
1. List the operating characteristic of the following display technologies:
(a) Raster refreshes systems
(b) Vector refresh systems
(c) Plasma panels and
2. (a) Distinguish the merits and demerits of scan line algorithm and flood fill algorithm.
(b) Discuss about the super sampling approach followed for antialiasing.
3. (a) Show that the composition of two rotations is additive that is,
R(?1).R(?2) =R(?1 + ?2).
(b) Characterize the transformation with suitable matrix formulation, for the following operations: x? = x + a.y,
y? = bx + y.
4. (a) Using steps followed in Sutherland-Hodgeman algorithm, determine the intersection point of the line segment P1 P2 against a clipping window P3P4 where coordinate of end points are P1(0, 0) P2(3, 2) P3(3, 0) and P4(0, 2).
(b) Why the Sutherland-Hodgeman algorithm is called as re-entrant algorithm.
5. (a) Distinguish between isometric, diametric and trimetric projections.
(b) Explain with a neat sketch, how the view plane is defined with respect to centre of projections and the object defined is 3-D space.
6. (a) Discuss about 3-dimensional viewing pipe line.
(b) Write a brief note about the following:
i. View plane
ii. View reference
iii. View plane normal.
7. (a) What is the blending function used in Bezier’s method for curve generation?
Explain the terms involved in it?
(b) What are the properties of Bezier curve?
8. Discuss about the problems peculiar to animation and propose suitable solutions.