JNTU III B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
PETRO CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
1. What is the composition of petroleum? Explain briefly about physical properties of petroleum?
2. (a) Describe two stage distillation of petrochemical.
(b) Indicate the draw temperatures of different fractions.
3. Discuss how the parameters influence yeild of ethylence in naphtha cracker.
4. (a) What is polymerization?
(b) Give an example of polymerization for a finished product.
(c) How does it improve the quality of gasoline.
5. (a) For getting good alkylated gasoline what are the paraffins required?
(b) Alkylation is reverse of cracking Explain.
6. (a) What is wax.
(b) How is wax produced in petroleum industry?
7. Describe the production of butadiene from ethyl alcohol?
8. (a) What do you mean by BTX?
(b) Explain the manufacturing process of BTX by Catalytic reforming method
with a neat flow chart.