JNTU III B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
ADVANCED UNIX PROGRAMMING
1. Explain the following commands with syntax
2. Explain the following commands with syntax
3. Explain the following functions with syntax:
4. Write short notes on the following:
(a) Process termination
(b) Zombie process.
5. (a) Write about the signals implementation. Write about “sigpending”, “sigsuspend”.
(b) What is meant by reinstalling a signal handler?
(c) Write about phase function.
6. (a) What is region lock? What are the rules about the specification of the region to be locked or unlocked? [3+5]
(b) Write about file locking versus Record Locking.
7. (a) Explain, “about the events occurred, when you call the popen( ) and pclose() functions”?
(b) Explain about the semget( ), semctl( ) and semop( ) functions.
8. (a) Explain, “How to control a shared-memory segment”.
(b) Explain, “How to attach and detach a shared memory segment”.