JNTU III B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
MICROPROCESSORS AND INTERFACING
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics &
Instrumentation Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering, Electronics &
Control Engineering and Electronics & Telematics)
1. (a) Draw the architectural diagram of 8085 and explain the function of each block
(b) Discuss about Multiplexing in 8086 microprocessor
2. (a) Write in detail about the addressing modes of 8086 Microprocessor
(b) What are procedures? Give examples.
3. (a) Write an ALP in 8086 to sort a given set of 8-bit unsigned integers into ascending order by bubble sort method
(b) Write an ALP in 8086 to display the string “WELCOME” on the screen
4. (a) With a neat pin diagram explain the minimum mode operation of 8086
(b) With a neat timing diagram explain how a READ operation is performed by 8086
5. (a) What is meant by interfacing. Explain the brief description of PPI Chip?
(b) What is BSR mode of operation? How it is useful in controlling the interrupt initiated data transfer for mode 1 and mode 2?
6. (a) What is the purpose of operational command words of 8259? Explain their format and the use?
(b) Discuss the following interrupts.
i. Divide Error
ii. Non Maskable interrupt
iii. Break Point interrupt
7. (a) Discuss the serial data transmission standards and their specifications.
(b) Draw the block diagram of 8251 and explain about each block.
8. (a) Discuss about various addressing modes of 8051.
(b) Explain the interrput structure of 8051.