JNTU III B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
1. (a) What is casein? Write the chemical composition of casein.
(b) Discuss briefly extraction and method of application of casein.
2. Discuss briefly in step polymerization
(a) interchange reactions
(b) Ring versus chain formation
(c) The advantages of molecular-weight control by added stabilizer
(d) How to obtain high molecular weights.
3. What is light scattering? Explain light scattering for the estimation of molecular weight along with relevant equations.
4. (a) Write short notes on chain end degradation.
(b) Explain briefly about random degradation.
(c) In some cases polymer degradation is advantageous. Explain with example.
5. Write short notes on following:
(a) Cationic initiators.
(b) Reinforcing agents.
6. Explain the various methods available for the preparation of polystyrene and also write the general properties of polystyrene.
7. (a) Write short notes on alkyd resins.
(b) Explain in detail about the applications of polyester both in fibre and plastic form.
8. Explain briefly compression molding? Give in detail various equipments and auxiliary equipments used in compression molding.