JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
BUILDING MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION
1. How is soluble glass prepared? What are glass blocks and explain the importance of glass as an engineering material.
2. (a) What are the harmful ingredients in brick earth and explain them.
(b) Explain the classification of brick earth.
3. (a) What is a pozzolanic Material?
(b) Write the properties, advantages and disadvantages of pozzolana cement?
4. (a) Draw a neat cross-section of an exogenous tree and show various components of it and explain.
(b) Distinguish between mild steel and hard steel.
5. Explain the design procedure to determine width and depth of foundations
6. (a) What are the merits and demerits of English bond over Flemish bond?
(b) State the reasons for cracks in brick masonry.
7. (a) Define a flat roof and mention its advantages & disadvantages over pitched roofs.
(b) Explain king post truss along with a neat sketch.
8. What is distemper? How is it prepared? Give the uses of distemper.