JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics &
Telematics, Electronics & Computer Engineering and Aeronautical
1. Write a detailed note on the role of various organizations in the field of the environment and their contribution to better management of resources.
2. (a) Write briefly about biosphere and the resources found in it.
(b) Explain the associations of the biosphere with the other spheres
3. (a) Explain the significance of preserving balance in various kinds of ecosystems. Illustrate with examples.
(b) Describe the structure and functions of an ecosystem.
4. (a) Is biodiversity a concern limited to national boundaries? Explain your answer.
(b) Write about the position of India in the bio-rich nations and the diversity of plant and animal life in the country.
5. (a) Oceans are ultimate sink for most of the waste we produce. Explain.
(b) List off shore sources of Marine Pollution.
(c) Explain the effects of oil pollution on the ocean.
6. (a) Define watershed management and explain its objectives.
(b) Discuss various water conservation techniques that can be practiced by individuals.
7. (a) Though population growth shows a global decline, there is still cause for worry. Explain why.
(b) What are the reasons for differences in the rate of population growth in various countries.
8. (a) Describe how you would methodically record the elements and resources in an ecosystem and assess its functioning.
(b) Based on your filed visits, summarize your observations and findings of the water resource ecosystem in your region.