JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
( Common to Civil Engineering and Metallurgy & Material Technology)
1. Managerial Economics is the study of allocation of resources available to a firm or
other unit of management among the activities of that unit. Explain.
2. What are the needs for demand forecasting. Explain the various steps involved in demand forecasting.
3. (a) Define ‘Cost’. How are costs classified?
(b) Explain any five important cost concepts useful for managerial decisions.
4. (a) What are the principal differences between monopoly and perfect competition?
(b) Supplement your answer with appropriate diagrams in both the cases.
5. Discuss about the short-comings of the public sector enterprises in India and what is their future?
6. (a) What is the importance of capital?
(b) What factors determine the working capital requirements of a company?
7. (a) What is the procedure to be followed while preparing a trial balance and how can you validate the trial balance prepared.
(b) What are the objectives of preparing the trial balance.
8. (a) From the following information, calculate
i. Debt Equity ratio
ii. Current ratio
Debentures 1,40,000 Bank balance 30,000
Long term loans 70,000 Sundry Debtors 70,000
General reserve 40,000
Bills payable 14,000
Share capital 1,20,000
(b) Calculate Interest Coverage ratio from the following information.
Net profit after deducting interest and taxes 6,00,000
12% Debentures of the face value of 15,00,000
Amount provided towards taxation 1,20,000