JNTU II B-Tech I Semester Regular Examinations,Cell Biology- November 2008
JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
1. What are the different shapes of cells, sketch few of them with examples.
2. The plasma membrane is considered to conform to the fluid mosaic model of cell membrane preposed by Singer and Nicholson- Explain.
3. Which organelle is called as the “power house of the cell”. Explain why?
4. Write about the various active transport systems with a suitable example.
5. Describe an experimental strategy to prove that cell cycle control system can operate in the cell free system?
6. (a) Draw a cross section through the trunk of an amphibian embryo after the end
of gastrulation, showing the arrangement of endodermal, mesodermal, and ectodermal tissues.
(b) Name the prospective tissue that will arise from each of the embryonic germ layer viz., the endoderm, mesoderm and ectoderm?
7. (a) Describe the components of a cyclic GMP molecule.
(b) Explain the role of cGMP in the process of perception of vision in vertebrates.
8. Describe the three different ways in which a proto-oncogene can be made overactive
to convert it into an oncogene?