JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL SYSTEM COMPONENTS
(Electronics & Control Engineering)
1. (a) Explain the operation of a Gyroscope with the help of a diagram.
(b) What is a Friction Ratchet? Explain the principle of operation of the Friction Ratchet with a figure.
2. (a) What are the safety relief valves .Draw the diagram of a safety relief valve, explain its function and give its application.
(b) What are the pneumatic operated valves, explain about the structure, Operation and applications of the pneumatic operated valves.
3. Explain about the construction details, working principle and applications of the
following Electrical components:
4. (a) Explain about the Servomechanism, process control and regulators.
(b) Explain the method of control of water level in a cistern using a Hollow Ball with a diagram.
5. (a) Briefly explain about the Power Rating of Resistors.
(b) Explain about the charging and Discharging of a capacitor with a circuit Diagram.
(c) Explain about the effect on the capacitance due to the following:
i. Larger Plate Area
ii. Thinner Dielectric
iii. Dielectric Constant K.
6. (a) Draw the circuit diagram of a peak detector using a 741 IC, explain its operation with the help of waveforms, give its design equations.
(b) Draw the circuit diagram of a sample and Hold circuit using a 741 IC and explain its operation with the help of waveforms.
7. Explain about the Photoresistors for the following:
(b) Photoresistor structure
(c) Photoresistor circuit
(d) Parameters and characteristics of Photoresistors.
8. Define the following in Reflection and Refraction at an Interface with a figure:
(a) Snells law
(b) Fresnel Equations
(c) Critical angle
(d) Brewster angle
(e) Evanescent wave.