JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
1. Write short notes on the following:
(a) dihybrid ratio
(b) tri-hybrid ratio.
2. Describe the importance of active and inactive chromatin in the light of expression of genetic information.
3. Describe Bateson and Punnet’s coupling and Repulsion hypothesis.
4. How a genetic map is constructed in S.cervisiae? Emphasize on the tetrad analysis in the gene mapping.
5. Describe any 4 syndromes caused due to the abnormality in chromosome number.
6. What is the F factor and Hfr in bacteria? What is role played by them during sexual conjugation?
7. What is Y – linked dominant inheritance? Give an example correlating it with the expressivity?
(c) Leber Optic Atropy
(d) MERRF & MECAS