JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
1. Write in detail the Tryon’s artificial selection experiment regarding the interaction of genes and environment.
2. “DNA provides a template for replication and transcription”. Explain in the light of its double helical structure.
3. What is synapsis? Describe its significance during meiotic crossing over.
4. Explain the determination of gene order in the construction of a genetic map illustrating with case studies.
5. Write short notes on:
(a) Karyotype & Idiogram,
6. What is sex influenced dominance? Give different examples in different eukaryotes?
7. What is the pattern of inheritance of X and Y chromosomes in human beings?
Discuss with examples?
8. Explain Uniparental inheritance of Mitochondrail mutations in budding yeast