JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
1. How Phenotypic and Genotypic ratios change in the Dihybrid ratio? Explain with a suitable example.
2. Describe the base pairing mechanism in the structure of DNA Double helix.
3. Describe Transduction phenomena with a suitable example.
4. Describe the gene mapping by transduction mechanism in bacteria.
5. Discuss constitutional and acquired chromosomal abnormalities in humans in detail.
6. What is nondisjunction? Explain what kind of abnormal combination of sex. Chromosomal are observed if there is a nondisjunction in first meiotic division and second meiotic division?
7. Comment on :
(a) XXX Aneupoidy of X chromosome
(b) Disomy of X chromosome
(c) Nullisomy of X chromosome
(d) Trisomy of X chromosome.
8. Ennumerate the differences between nuclear genome and Mitochondrial genome.