JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
( Common to Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology
and Computer Science & Systems Engineering)
1. Briefly examine the different determinants for demand.
2. What do you mean by elasticity of demand and examine the concepts of elastic and inelastic demand.
3. A company makes a single product with a sales price of Rs 10 and a variable cost of Rs 6 per unit. Fixed costs are Rs.60,000.Calculate
(a) number of units to Break – even
(b) Break – Even scales
(c) sales to get a profit of Rs.10,000
(d) Profit – volume Ratio.
4. Discuss the various kinds of prices charged by the firm for their product?
5. Distinguish between a partnership & a joint stock company.
6. Consider the case of the company with the following two investment proposals, each costing 18 Lakhs. The details of the cash inflows are as follows:
Year Project 1 Project 2
1 6,00,000 12,00,000
2 10,00,000 8,00,000
3 12,00,000 6,00,000
The cost of capital is 10% per year. Which are will you choose under NPU method?
7. Journalise the following transactions:
Jan. 1 Gopal started his business with the capital 10,000
Jan. 1 Furniture Rs.3,000 and stock 2,000
Jan. 5 Deposited in Andhra Bank 8,000
Jan. 10 Goods purchased from Hari 7,000
Jan. 15 Goods sold to Srinivas on cash 6,500
Jan. 17 Goods returned to Hari 400
Jan. 20 Commission Received 800
Jan. 30 Salaries Paid 5,000
Jan. 31 Rent Paid 2,000
8. What is meant by Ratio Analysis? Explain briefly various techniques of ratio analysis.