JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
Managerial Economics And Financial Analysis
( Common to Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology
and Computer Science & Systems Engineering)
1. Managerial economics is the integeration of economic theory with business practice for the purpose of facilitating decision making and forward planning by management -Discuss.
2. Write about the time series analysis and explain the various types of time series techniques used for demand forecasting.
3. you are given the following information
Selling price 10 per unit
Variable cost 6 per unit
Fixed cost 10,000
present production & sales 5,000units.
The director of the company propose to reduce the selling price by 20%. Find out the Break – Even point and profit – volume ration before and after change in selling price.
4. Explain the role of selling costs under monopolistic competition.
5. (a) What are the characteristics of a Business Unit?
(b) Explain the features of sole traders from of organization.
6. A company has two proposals each costing Rs.9 Lakhs. The details of the cash
inflows are as follows:
Year Project 1 Project2
1 3,00,000 6,00,000
2 500,000 4,00,000
3 6,00,000 3,00,000
4 2,00,000 2,00,000
The cost of capital is 10% per year. Which one will you choose under NPV method.
7. Write a short notes on:
(a) Nominal account
(b) Personal account
(c) Real account.
8. Explain the significance and utility of ratio analysis in financial decision making