JNTU Question Papers
B Tech Fundamentals of Aeronautical Engineering 1st Sem 2008
1. Discuss the developments in the field of Aerodynamics over the years. 
2. Sketch the three views of a modern transport aircraft showing control surfaces, high lift devices and other major components. Label the various components neatly. 
3. How is an airplane given rotation about its lateral axis? Explain the theoretical part and describe the mechanism to accomplish the same with a neat sketch (s).
4. Explain the usefulness of atmosphere in generating lift drag and moments on a lifting body with sketches and principles of physics. What if atmosphere were not around? 
5. How the aerodynamic loads are transferred in a wing of the airplane. What are the points which are most stressed. Describe the function of ribs in a wing. 
6. What are the general types of construction of wings and fuselage, give practical examples of each type with neat sketches. 
7. (a) Describe the principle, construction and working of turboprop engine used in airplanes.
(b) Give the altitude and speed limitations for turboprop engine and discuss their effect on the engine. [8+8]
8. What are the different types of rockets? Discuss their relative merits and applications. 
JNTU Fundamentals of Aeronautical Engineering Question Paper