JNTU Exam Question Papers
Fundamentals of Aeronautical Engineering 1st Sem 2008
1. (a) Write a note on Flying Wing.
(b) Explain the significance of center of pressure. What are the effects of movement of center of pressure with angle of attack on a cambered aerofoil. [6+10]
2. Sketch the three views of a piton-trainer aircraft having rectangular wings. Label various components. What are the advantages and disadvantages of rectangular
3. Describe a Power operated longitudinal control for a civil airliner. How does it
differ from a conventional pitch control mechanism for a light airplane? Explain
with sketches. 
4. Explain the outer atmospheric layers known as ionosphere and exosphere. How are
these different from stratosphere and troposphere? How do these layers affect the
atmosphere on earth? Discuss. 
5. What is airfoil? Describe the various airfoil shapes with the help of neat sketches.
6. What are the general types of construction of wings and fuselage, give practical
examples of each type with neat sketches. 
7. (a) Describe the principle, construction and working of turboprop engine used in
(b) Give the altitude and speed limitations for turboprop engine and discuss their
effect on the engine. [8+8]
8. Explain the principle of jet thrust and propeller thrust. Enumerate the differences
between propeller thrust and jet thrust in airplanes.