JNTU Exam Papers,IV B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Unix & Windows NT, June 2007
1. (a) Explain the difference between UNIX and DOS operating system.
(b) Give the block diagram of UNIX operating system.
2. What are the different types of files in UNIX Operating System? Explain each of them in detail.
3. (a) Explain about hierarchical directory structures
(b) Explain about counting the no. of words in a file with one example
4. (a) What are the different numerical operators in bourne shell
(b) Mention and explain various meta characteristics in UNIX shell.
5. (a) Explain in detail about Pipes and filters in UNIX.
(b) Explain about any two filters giving examples.
6. Write the syntax and explain the following with an example each.
(a) for loop.
(b) While loop.
7. Explain about the Windows NT backup recovery plans.
8. Discuss the various server properties for Windows NT in detail.