1. (a) Explain the structure of UNIX operating system with a neat diagram and discuss them.
(b) What are the basic tools available in the UNIX operating system? Explain them in detail.
2. Write short notes on the following
(a) File system
(c) File descriptor
3. (a) Write short notes on inodes
(b) Sketch the directory structure under home directory, having different sub directories and files
4. (a) Explain different redirection parameters and explain
(b) Write about shell variables
5. (a) How are shell variables useful? Explain the following shell variable outputs :
$pn = ‘/usr/kumar/progs/data’$cd $pn $pwd
(b) What is meant by mounting in unix file system? What command do you use for mounting? Write the syntax with example?
6. (a) Write a shell program to find the sum of n numbers?
(b) What are the various input and output commands in shell programming?
7. Mention various tools in Windows NT and briefly explain them.
8. Discuss the following in detail.
(a) single domain model
(b) single master domain model.