JNTU Exam Papers,IV B.Tech II Sem Supplimentary Exams,Embedded Systems,June 2007
1. (a) What is a design metric? Explain the common design metrics in embedded systems.
(b) Write the characteristics of embedded systems.
2. Design a 3-bit counter that counts the following sequence: 1,2,4,5,7,1,2,.. start from a state diagram, draw the state table, minimize the logic, and draw the final circuit.
3. Explain the software development process for embedded systems.
4. Explain the need of special architecture for pipelining and parallelism.
5. (a) Using sequential control model explain an elevator controller system.
(b) Define the following terms:
Finite state machines, concurrent processes, real-time systems, and real-time operating systems.
6. Explain in detail how shared memory is used to provide communication among processes.
7. Describe each tool that has enabled the elevation of software design and hardware design to higher abstraction levels.
8. Explain in detail about intellectual property cores.