JNTU Exam Papers
1. (a) What is a computer? What are its capabilities?
(b) Compare and contrast dot matrix printer and line printer.
2. (a) Compare and contrast multi tasking and multi processor operating systems.
(b) Convert the following numbers into octal.
3. (a) Explain all control statements supported by ‘C’.
(b) Write a C program to find the biggest of a given three numbers using conditional control operator.
4. (a) Explain call by value and call by reference with examples.
(b) Write a C program to replace a particular word by another word in a given string.
5. (a) Write an algorithm for Bisection method.
(b) Compute the real root of xlog10x = 1.2 which lies between 2 and 3 correct to 3 decimal places using Bisection method.
6. (a) Solve the following system of equation by Gaussian Elimination method.
?7.4x1 + 3.61x2 + 8.04x3 = 25.1499.12.16x1 ? 2.9x2 ? 0.891x3 = 3.2157.?5.12x1 + 6.63x2 ? 4.38x3 = ?36.1383.
(b) Write an algorithm for Gaussian Elimination method.
7. (a) Derive the formula to estimate the polynomial of degree n using Lagrange interpolation method.
(b) Find the 3rd polynomial to fit the following points:
i 1 0 1 3F(X) 6 2 2 10 Using Newton’s forward formula.
8. (a) Derive the formula to evaluate R b aydx using trapezoidal rule.
(b) Use the trapezoidal rule with n=4 to estimate
1R0 dx 1+x2 Correct to four decimal places.
(c) Tabulate the values of y at x=0.1 to 0.5 using Eulers method given that dydx= x + y, y(0) = 1