JNTU exam papers III B -Tech – Metrology and surface engineering – Aug/Sep 2008
JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
METROLOGY AND SURFACE ENGINEERING
1. Identify whether the following fits are hole based or shaft based. Convert them in to equivalent other system.
(a) H7 – f8
(b) F6 – h4
(c) H5 – n4
(d) H7 – c6.
2. With the help of neat sketches describe the following in detail.
(a) Sine table
(b) Sine centers.
3. (a) Name the methods which are used for the measurement flatness. Explain any one in detail.
(b) Explain interference method of measuring flatness of surface?
4. Explain how a pneumatic instrument is used as
(b) For either internal or external limit gauging.
5. (a) What are the two corrections applied in the measurement of effective diameter by the method of wires?
(b) Describe any one method of measuring effective diameter of internal threads?
6. Name the different alignment tests to be performed on a drilling machine. escribe the method for determining the total deflection.
7. Explain the following methods of inspecting gear
(a) Run out
8. (a) Brief out various inorganic coatings? Discuss their importance and applications.
(b) Explain sarface preparation for vas types of coatings.