JNTU Exam Papers II B.Tech I Semester Supplementary Exams,ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES,February 2008
II B.Tech I Semester Supplementary Examinations, February 2008
ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES ,SET No.2
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics &
Telematics, Electronics & Computer Engineering and Aeronautical
Q1Write a detailed note on the various institutions and organizations in the field of Environment Education and training, their activities and focal areas.
2. (a) What do you understand by biotic and a biotic parts of nature?
(b) Explain the interaction and interdependency of these.
3. (a) Write about the different types of forests in India and describe the main types of trees in them.
(b) What are the activities which disturb the forest ecosystem and what is the outcome of forest degradation?
4. Discuss any two:
(a) Productive value of Nature.
(b) Aesthetic value of Nature
(c) Optional value of Nature
5. (a) Oceans are ultimate sink for most of the waste we produce. Explain.
(b) List off shore sources of Marine Pollution.
(c) Explain the effects of oil pollution on the ocean.
6. Discuss briefly the provision of the following Acts:
(a) The Water ( Prevention Control of Pollution ) Act ,1974
(b) The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution ) Act, 1981
(c) The Wildlife Protection Act 1971
(d) The Forest Conservation Act of 1980
7. (a) Though population growth shows a global decline, there is still cause for worry. Explain why.
(b) What are the reasons for differences in the rate of population growth in various countries.
8. Explain the reasons for pollution of different types (water, air ,noise) that you have encountered in any region. Describe the problems created and suggest some remedial measures for the same.