JNTU Exam Papers
1. Explain how with the help of distribution law you can show whether it is more economical to extract with all the solvent available in one operation or to use it in several portions separating each time.
2. (a) With the help of Clapeyron-Clausius equation explain the effect of pressure on the melting point of sulphur.
(b) Discuss the application of eutectics.
3. Distingush between
(a) Collision theory and Transition state theory.
(b) Molecularity and order of reaction.
4. (a) Explain the preparation of lyophilic sols.
(b) Explain the preparation of lyophobic sols.
5. Answer each in about 5 lines (give reasons)
(a) In the electrolysis of Aq.KOH, H 2 gas is evolved at cathode and K is not deposited
(b) In the determination of conductance of KCl, A.C is used in place of D.C
(c) Conductance of a solution of an Electrolyte increases, if the Electrical field strength is increased from 25 vcm ?1 to 106 vcm?1.
6. Discuss in detail about the fuel cell with neat diagram.
7. (a) Describe the different type of catalysis
(b) Write short notes on Enzyme catalysis.
8. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the dropping mercury electrode compared with platinum or carbon micro electrodes.