1. Discuss briefly:
2. (a) Energy associated with mass be classified in a number of ways. What are these?
(b) What are the different ways by which energy that is not associated with in the mass classified?
(c) Define standard heat of reaction and discuss about heat of reaction at constant pressure and constant volume.
3. (a) With the help of a neat figure discuss about the development of a boundary layer on a flat plate.
(b) Write the expression for thickness of boundary layer if the boundary layer is laminar and turbulent, respectively.
4. (a) Explain the mechanism of heat transfer by thermal radiation.
(b) What is a perfectly black body and describe Fery’s black body?
(c) State the following and explain:
i. Stefan’s-Boltzmann law
ii. Plank’s law.
5. (a) Mass transfer may occurs in different ways, name any five.
(b) What are phenomena that must exists in a mass transfer opeartion.
(c) There are many similarities and differences between various mass transfer operations mention them.
6. (a) Derive Rayleigh’s equation and mention assumption involved in it.
(b) Write short notes on selection of equipment for gas-liquid operations.
7. (a) Write short notes on:
i. Cross current
ii. Counter current.
(b) Explain the terms “extract” and raffinate.
8. (a) Explain tray drier with neat sketch.
(b) Differentiate between wet bulb and dry bulb temperature.