JNTU Exam Papers – I B.Tech Regular Examinations– Bio-Technology– May/Jun 2008
1. Write an essay on sporangiophores?
2. What are meristems? How are they classified on the basis of their mode of origin, position and function?
3. Comment on :
(c) Salient features of porifera.
4. Define translation and protein biosynthesis.
5. Why is digestion important? How food is digested?
6. Write notes on:
(a) functions of taste buds
(b) transmission of taste signals into the central nervous system.
7. What is the Calvin cycle and what is its relationship to autotrophy? What is the key enzyme involved in autotrophic CO2 fixation in most organisms?
8. Give an account of microbial enzymes and biotransformation.