JNTU Previous Exam Papers
B.Tech May/Jun 2008
INTRODUCTION TO AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
1. (a) Explain about drag and lift?
(b) What is stall?
(c) Explain increase in lift with angle of attack.
2. (a) What are the flight instruments are connected into a Pitot- static system.
(b) How many kinds of altimeters are in use.
3. (a) What are the possible causes for an airplane to fly.
(b) How the lift is generated in the Airplane wing? Explain how it is reduced by induced drag.
4. (a) What is meant by the term load factor.
(b) Into what categories are aircraft type-certificated?
5. (a) Enumerate the principle components of Jet engine.
(b) Describe the operation of a turbo Jet engine.
6. (a) What is meant by Wing loading, Discloading? Wing span loading?
(b) Explain the purpose for which aeroplane wings are cambered.
7. (a) Explain in detail with the help of a figure directional static stability.
(b) Explain in detail with the help of a figure lateral static stability.
8. Explain in detail about a communications satellite.