JNTU Exam Papers I B-Tech Regular Examinations Aerospace Engineering May/Jun 2008
JNTU Exam Papers
1. (a) How to estimate the critical Mach number for an airfoil?
(b) Define Standard Atmosphere and its components.
2. (a) What design features of an aileron system are employed to overcome adverse yaw?
(b) Describe the function of ruddervators.
3. (a) What are the possible causes for an airplane to fly.
(b) How the lift is generated in the Airplane wing? Explain how it is reduced by induced drag.
4. (a) What is the fail-safe feature in aircraft construction?
(b) Discuss the advantages of bonded construction?
5. Explain with the aid of sketches, two mechanisms of liquid propellants used in rocket engine.
6. “Study of skin friction in laminar & turbulent flow becomes increasingly great importance” Discuss.
7. (a) What are control tabs? State their uses.
(b) How are control surfaces balanced.
8. Explain the anatomy of a space mission.