JNTU Exam Papers
1. (a) Write notes on the Wright brother’s number-3 glider, 1902.
(b) Discuss Wilbur (1871-1912) and Orville (1871-1948) inventors of the first practical airplane.
2. (a) Explain the operation of controllable trim tabs.
(b) How does a controllable trim tab differ from a fixed tab?
3. (a) What is meant by the centre of pressure of an aerofoil?
(b) What is meant by the aerodynamic centre of an aerofoil section?
(c) Expansion wave.
4. Name three types of fuselages classified according to the method by which stresses are transmitted to the structure.
5. (a) Mention the merits of turbojet engine.
(b) Mention various aircrafts using the power plants of jet and piston engines.
(c) Name the aircrafts having turbo shaft engines.
6. A rough egg- shaped body with a circular cross section 75mm in diameter is tested in a wind tunnel at 100 knots and the air resistance is found to be 1.8N. What is the value of the drag coefficient?
7. An aircraft weighing 30, 000N descends with engines off at a slide angle of 30. Find the drag and lift components that act during the slide.
8. Describe the operation of a communication satellite.