JNTU Exam Papers
Organic Chemistry Ist Sem Apr/May 2008
1. Discuss about Electrometric effect. 
2. Write the reaction mechanism for the following:-
(a) Benzoin condensation
(b) Aldol condensation. [8+8]
3. (a) Why do you use peroxides in the anti-Markonikoff addition of HBr to alkenes?
(b) Explain the stability order of simple alkyl free-radicals by structural theory.
4. (a) Discus the methods of resolution of recemic mixtures.
(b) What is the criterion of enantiomerism? [10+6]
5. How will you assign E-Z notations to geometrical isomers? Explain with suitable
6. (a) What are high polymers? How are they classified ? explain with examples.
(b) With the help of a block diagram, discuss the manufacture of polyethylene
7. (a) Give any two methods of preparation of the following.
i. Pyrrole and
(b) How will you explain the greater basicity of pyridine as compared to that of
8. Give an example for each of the following
(a) Mordaut dye
(b) an azo dye
(c) Vat dye
(d) Triphenyl amine dye
Give the synthesis of any two of them?