JNTU exam papers B.Tech IIIrd sem Examinations,Information security, Aug/Sep 2008
JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
1. (a) “Gaining control over the Routing tables at layer 3 is one of the attacks” –
explain how Route tables modification is crucial.
(b) Explain how Buffer overflow is created for any known platforms (eg., WIN-DOWS NT / LINUX).
2. (a) Compare and contrast between Cryptography and Cryptology.
(b) Explain the various Key distribution methods.
3. (a) Alice and Bob wish to share private messages, where each of them of two
separate keys generated. What kind of strategy would you suggest to ensure confidentiality, key management and authentication for the conversation between Alice and Bob? Explain the strategy and also highlight the design issues related to the strategy proposed.
(b) Describe the X.509 version 3 in detail.
4. (a) What is Radix-64 format? Explain how both PGP and S/MIME perform the Radix-64 conversion is performed.
(b) Describe the five principal services that Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) provides.
5. (a) What is the default length of Authentication data field? On what fields is it calculated?
(b) Explain how Diffie-Hellman protocol is vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attack? How is rectified in Oakley protocol?
6. (a) What protocol is used to convey SSL-related alerts to the peer entity? Give
the protocol format? Describe the fields?
(b) What are the advantages of using IP security to provide web security? How
advantageous is application-specific web security services?
7. (a) Discuss the key elements included in the model of network management used
(b) Explain the functional enhancements made in SNMPV2 over SNMPV1
8. (a) Explain the working of Packet-filtering router?
(b) Explain the general model of access control as exercised by DBMS?