JNTU Question Papers Electrical and Electronics Measurements 1st Sem Nov 2008
JNTU Question Papers
Electrical and Electronics Measurements 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. (a) Derive the value of Torque and Deflection of the galvanometer with its dynamic
(b) What value of shunt resistance is required for using 50?A meter movement
with an internal resistance of 250 for measuring 0-500mA. [10+6]
2. With the help of a neat sketch and circuit connections for a single phase crossed
coil, describe the working of polarized-vane power factor meter. [4+4+8]
3. (a) Give a circuit of an AC coupled amplifier to amplify DC signals when the
input and out put are chopped.
(b) Explain the operation of an all-electrical chopper circuit using FET’s. [8+8]
4. Explain the working of a vector voltmeter in detail. Draw the schematic. Mention
its applications. [5+5+6]
5. Explain in detail with figure
(a) Electrostatic focusing system of a CRT
(b) Refraction of an electron ray at an equi potential surface. [8+8]
6. (a) Explain the working functions of each block of a sampling oscilloscope in full detail.
(b) Compare the merits and demerits of sampling oscilloscope. [10+6]
7. (a) What are the precautionary measures to be considered in a signal generator. And how can they be achieved?
(b) Discuss in detail about RF signal generators. [6+10]
8. (a) Explain an automated frequency counter using block diagram.
(b) If the internal time base of a frequency counter is 15MHz, what frequency
range is best measured by a period measurement and why. [10+6]
JNTU Electrical and Electronics Measurements Question Paper Nov 2008