JNTU Exam Papers Electrical and Electronics Measurements 1st Sem Nov 2008
JNTU Exam Papers
Electrical and Electronics Measurements 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. Explain the voltmeter sensitivity and measuring method with loading effect. [2+7+7]
2. (a) How the elements of a single phase watthour meter are connected? Explain with the help of a sketch.
(b) Describe the principle of measurement and working of a domestic watthour meter. [8+8]
3. Draw the block diagram of a dual-slope digital volt meter and explain how it is
advantageous to use dual slope A/D converter in DUM? [4+8+4]
4. Draw the basic block diagram of a vector impedance meter. Explain the functions
of each block. Also give the specifications of the above meter. [6+6+4]
5. (a) With neat block diagram explain the working function of each block of general
(b) Mention the advantages of general purpose oscilloscope. [10+6]
6. (a) How much voltage is required across two deflection plates separated by 2 cms
to deflect an electron beam 1.50 if the effective length of deflection plates is 2
cms and the accelerating potential is 900 volts?
(b) What is an oscilloscope Probe compensation? How is this adjusted? What
effects are noted when the compensation is not correctly adjusted? [8+8]
7. (a) What principle is employed in the operation of a function generator?
(b) What are the ways in which isolation can be accomplished between signal
generator output and oscillator in a simple signal generator? [8+8]
8. (a) Explain an automated frequency counter using block diagram.
(b) If the internal time base of a frequency counter is 15MHz, what frequency
range is best measured by a period measurement and why.
JNTU Electrical and Electronics Measurements Nov 2008 Question Paper