JNTU Exam Papers
Electrical and Electronics Measurements 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. Explain the voltmeter sensitivity and measuring method with loading effect. [2+7+7]
2. (a) How the elements of a single phase watthour meter are connected? Explain with the help of a sketch.
(b) Describe the principle of measurement and working of a domestic watthour meter. [8+8]
3. Draw the block diagram of a dual-slope digital volt meter and explain how it is
advantageous to use dual slope A/D converter in DUM? [4+8+4]
4. Draw the basic block diagram of a vector impedance meter. Explain the functions
of each block. Also give the specifications of the above meter. [6+6+4]
5. (a) With neat block diagram explain the working function of each block of general
(b) Mention the advantages of general purpose oscilloscope. [10+6]
6. (a) How much voltage is required across two deflection plates separated by 2 cms
to deflect an electron beam 1.50 if the effective length of deflection plates is 2
cms and the accelerating potential is 900 volts?
(b) What is an oscilloscope Probe compensation? How is this adjusted? What
effects are noted when the compensation is not correctly adjusted? [8+8]
7. (a) What principle is employed in the operation of a function generator?
(b) What are the ways in which isolation can be accomplished between signal
generator output and oscillator in a simple signal generator? [8+8]
8. (a) Explain an automated frequency counter using block diagram.
(b) If the internal time base of a frequency counter is 15MHz, what frequency
range is best measured by a period measurement and why.
JNTU Electrical and Electronics Measurements Nov 2008 Question Paper