JNTU, BTech,I-Semester,CELL BIOLOGY, November 2008
JNTU, B.Tech,I-Semester,CELL BIOLOGY, November 2008
1. Draw a neat labelled diagram of the following:
(a) Structure of bacterial cell.
(b) Structure of animal cell.
(c) Structure of plant cell.
(d) Structure of any virus. [4+4+4+4]
2. List and describe the passive and active processes used by the plasma membrane
to maintain homeostasis of the cell. [4+12]
3. Describe the general organization of the nuclear pore complex. [4+12]
4. Describe with a neat-labeled diagram the structure and functions of chloroplast.
5. Contrast the end results of meiosis with those of mitosis. Define the differences.
6. Define cell differentiation and morphological differentiation. [8+8]
7. Write short notes on:
(a) Chemo taxis.
(b) Tumbling motion.
(c) Smooth swimming motion.
(d) Receptor triggered phosphoryktion. [4+4+4+4]
8. Where are the receptor molecules present over the plasma membrane? Write their