JNTU Question Papers
Cell Biology 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. Describe with the help of a detailed diagram the ultra structure of a eukaryotic
2. What concepts of general chemistry are important for cell structure and function?
3. Describe the structure and functions of nuclear envelope, nucleus and nucleolus.
4. Describe the structure and function of peroxisomes with a note on its role in plant
and animal cells. [4+12]
5. Describe and draw a cell that is in prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.
6. Define cell differentiation and morphological differentiation. [8+8]
7. What are the different kinds of chemo receptors that are involved in transmission
of signals across bacterial membranes. [6+10]
8. What are the two most common mechanisms whereby signals are “transduced” to
proteins within a cell? What are examples of “second messengers”? What are
“second messengers”? [4+4+8]