JNTU Object Oriented Programming Through JAVA Exam Paper Nov 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Science & Systems Engineering) November 2008
1. (a) What is object oriented programming? How is it different from procedure oriented programming?
(b) What are unique advantages of an object oriented paradigm? [8+8]
2. Write short notes on the following:
(b) static class variables
(d) constructors [4×4]
3. (a) What is the purpose of String Tokenizer class? Name the interface it implements?
(b) Detail the constructors in the StringTokenizer class. What are the packages
that define StringBuffer and StringTokenizer classes?
(c) Write an example program to illustrate its usage. [5+5+6]
4. Explain the concepts of applets in Java language. 
5. (a) Explain various categories of the compile time errors.
(b) Discuss about nested try statements and how such a program may be executed? [8+8]
6. (a) How are synchronized methods implemented?
(b) What is inter thread communication. What methods are employed? [8+8]
7. What is the JDBC? Explain two-tier JDBC model and three-tier JDBC model.
8. How can you create a custom RNI socket factory and how can you specify the
socket factory in your application? Give and example.