JNTU B.Tech II Semester
Examinations, Apr/May 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Define a Security attack. Explain in detail about the various types of attacks an Internetwork is vulnerable to.
(b) Write about Man-in-the-middle attacks. [10+6]
2. (a) With neat illustration explain Advanced Encryption Standard algorithm (AES).
(b) Explain the importance of Secure Hash functions with relevant examples. [8+8]
3. (a) Explain the procedure involved in RSA public-key encryption algorithm.
(b) Explain what Kerberos is and give its requirements. [8+8]
4. (a) What is Radix-64 format? Explain how both PGP and S/MIME perform the
Radix-64 conversion is performed.
(b) Describe the five principal services that Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) provides. [8+8]
5. (a) The IPSec architecture document states that when two transport mode SAs are bounded to allow both AH and ESP protocols on the same end-to-end flow, only one ordering of security protocols seems appropriate. Performing the ESP protocol before performing the AH protocol. Why this approach is recommended rather authentication before encryption?
(b) Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Diffie-Helman key exchange protocol? What is the specific key exchange algorithm mandated for use in the initial version of ISAKMP [8+8]
6. (a) What is WWW? What are the challenges web presents? Discuss?
(b) Explain how SSL makes use of TCP to provide a reliable end-to-end secure service. [6+10]
7. (a) Discuss in detail about network management architecture?
(b) What are the deficiencies of SNMPV1?
(c) Give a brief note of distributed network management. [8+4+4]
8. (a) With neat diagrams show the differences between screened host firewall single
homed bastion and screened host firewall dual homed bastion?
(b) Discuss in detail about multilevel security? [8+8]