JNTU B-Tech II Semester Examinations,Computer Graphics, Apr/May 2008
JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations,
, Apr/May 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Assuming that a certain full-color (24-bit per pixel) RGB raster system has
a 512 by 512 frame buffer, how many distinct color choices (intensity levels) would be available.
(b) Explain how virtual reality systems can be used in design applications. [10+6]
2. (a) Explain how the pixel screen positions are stored and retrieved from frame buffer.
(b) What are the steps involved in mid point circle algorithm? [8+8]
3. Prove that the multiplication matrices for each of the following sequence of operations is commutative 
(a) Two successive rotations
(b) Two successive translations
(c) Two successive scalings.
4. (a) How the clipping-candidate (partially visible) case is handled in Cohen-Sutherland
(b) Derive the Window-to-View port transformation. [8+8]
5. (a) Distinguish between boundary representation and space-partitioning representation of solid object representation schemes.
(b) List and describe the polygon tables representation for polygon surfaces of a 3-D object. Give an example. [8+8]
6. Explain how the shearing of an object with respect to the three coordinate axes are
implemented. What are the corresponding input values for the shearing parameters. 
7. (a) Explain the depth-sorting algorithm for visible surface detection.
(b) What are the special cases in determining the depth-order of surfaces? Explain the procedure to resolve them with suitable examples. [8+8]
8. What are the steps in design of animation sequence? Describe about each step briefly.