JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations, MIDDLEWARE TECHNOLOGIES, Aug/Sep 2008
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) How failure of some of computers and network links affects performance of
(b) What are the reasons for changing from Centralized computing to Distributed
2. (a) What is Stub compiler? What is its use? How it works.
(b) Write a brief note on JDBC Date and Time classes. [6+10]
3. (a) What is the difference between making data protected and making data private
but making methods access private data. Which one is better and why.
(b) Data can be accessed directly or you can use get and set accessor methods to
access data. Give the pros and cons of each of them. [8+8]
4. What is the meaning of Custom Attributes. What is the use of custom attributes.
Explain with an example. 
5. (a) Explain any two different scenarios of Dynamic Invocation.
(b) Write the advantages offered by Dynamic method invocation. [8+8]
6. (a) Show the CORBA::ORB Initialization methods and their Java Mapping.
(b) Discuss about the implementation repository. [8+8]
7. Explain a property editing scenario. [8+8]
8. (a) What happens in the major transition ”From pool to active state” in the life
of an EJB instance.
(b) What constitutes the ejb-jar file. [8+8]