JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations, MANAGEMENT SCIENCE, Apr/May 2008
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Discuss the leadership styles with examples which Indian managers follow. Can
you suggest a best style for them? How? 
2. What are the various types of organisation structures? Explain them with their
merits and demerits. 
3. Name and describe the various tools and techniques used in layout planning. 
4. “Marketing should aim at meeting a given consumer need rather than selling a
given product.” Comment. 
5. Briefly explain the concept of selection. What are the different techniques of se-
lection followed by a Personnel Manager, while employing the personnel in an
6. What do you mean by crashing a network? State step by step procedure of crashing.
7. Strategic alliances are temporary. Do you agree? Justify. 
8. What are the different methods TQM? Explain any two methods in briefly.