JNTU Papers B-Tech II Semester Examinations, Human Computer Interaction, Apr/May 2008
JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations Human Computer Interaction
Apr/May 2008(Information Technology)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Discuss the impact of ineffecient screen design on processing time with an example
(b) Discuss the chronological history of the internet [8+8]
2. (a) Compare the print page design and web page design
(b) What is meant by extranet? How it is different from internet? [10+6]
3. What is meant by basic business functions? Discuss indetail the process of determining basic business functions 
4. Discuss the following in respect of designing a web site.
(b) Search facilities. [8+8]
5. Distinguish between the tiled windows, overlapping windows and cascading windows and explain how a particular style can be picked. 
6. (a) What are the uses of video? What guidelines are to be followed with video?
(b) Give a brief note about icon animation and audition. [8+8]
7. Describe the following specification methods.
(b) Transition diagrams. [8+8]
8. Give brief note about the following:
(a) Lift-off strategy
(c) Recognition of handwritten script characters
(d) Mouse [4+4+4+4]