JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations
Data Warehousing And Data Mining
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Explain data mining as a step in the process of knowledge discovery.
(b) Differentiate operational database systems and data warehousing. [8+8]
2. (a) Briefly discuss about data integration.
(b) Briefly discuss about data transformation. [8+8]
3. (a) Explain the syntax for Task-relevant data specification.
(b) Explain the syntax for specifying the kind of knowledge to be mined. [8+8]
4. (a) Write the algorithm for attribute-oriented induction. Explain the steps involved in it.
(b) How can concept description mining be performed incrementally and in a distributed manner? [8+8]
5. Explain the Apriori algorithm with example. 
6. Discuss about Backpropagation classification. 
7. (a) Write algorithms for k-Means and k-Medoids. Explain.
(b) Discuss about density-based methods. [8+8]
8. Suppose that a city transportation department would like to perform data analysis on highway traffic for the planning of highway construction based on the city traffic data collected at different hours every day.
(a) Design a spatial data warehouse that stores the highway traffic information so that people can easily see the average and peak time traffic flow by highway, by time of day, and by weekdays, and the traffic situation when a major accident occurs.
(b) What information can we mine from such a spatial data warehouse to help city planners?
(c) This data warehouse contains both spatial and temporal data. Propose one mining technique that can efficiently mine interesting patterns from such a spatio-temporal data warehouse. [5+5+6]