JNTU B.Tech Examinations, DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING,
DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Briefly compare the following concepts. Use an example to explain your points.
(a) Snowflake schema, fact constellation, starnet query model.
(b) Data cleaning, data transformation, refresh.
(c) Discovery driven cube, multifeature cube, and virtual warehouse. 
2. (a) Briefly discuss the data smoothing techniques.
(b) Explain about concept hierarchy generation for categorical data. [8+8]
3. (a) List and describe any four primitives for specifying a data mining task.
(b) Describe why concept hierarchies are useful in data mining. [8+8]
4. (a) What are the differences between concept description in large data bases and
(b) Explain about the graph displays of basic statistical class description. [8+8]
5. Explain the Apriori algorithm with example. 
6. (a) Can any ideas from association rule mining be applied to classification? Ex-
(b) Explain training Bayesian belief networks.
(c) How does tree pruning work? What are some enhancements to basic decision
tree induction? [6+5+5]
7. (a) What are the categories of major clustering methods? Explain.
(b) Explain about outlier analysis. [6+10]
8. (a) How to mine Multimedia databases? Explain.
(b) Define web mining. What are the observations made in mining the Web for
effective resource and knowledge discovery?
(c) What is web usage mining? [10+4+2]