JNTU B Tech 1st Sem Syllabus for Engineering Drawing
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY HYDERABAD
I Year B.Tech. L T/P/D C
2 -/-/3 4
UNIT – I
INTRODUCTION TO ENGINEERING DRAWING : Principles of Engineering Graphics and their Significance
– Drawing Instruments and their Use – Conventions in Drawing – Lettering – BIS Conventions. Curves used
in Engineering Practice & their Constructions :
a) Conic Sections including the Rectangular Hyperbola – General method only.
b) Cycloid, Epicycloid and Hypocycloid
d) Scales: Different types of Scales, Plain scales comparative scales, scales of chords.
UNIT – II
DRAWING OF PROJECTIONS OR VIEWS ORTHOGRAPHIC PROJECTION IN FIRST ANGLE
PROJECTION: Principles of Orthographic Projections – Conventions – First and Third Angle, Projections of
Points and Lines inclined to both planes, True lengths, traces.
UNIT – III
PROJECTIONS OF PLANES & SOLIDS: Projections of regular Planes, auxiliary planes and Auxiliary
projection inclined to both planes. Projections of Regular Solids inclined to both planes – Auxiliary Views.
UNIT – IV
SECTIONS AND SECTIONAL VIEWS:- Right Regular Solids – Prism, Cylinder, Pyramid, Cone – Auxiliary
DEVELOPMENT AND INTERPENETRATION OF SOLIDS: Development of Surfaces of Right, Regular
Solids – Prisms, Cylinder, Pyramid Cone and their parts. Interpenetration of Right Regular Solids
UNIT – V
INTERSECTION OF SOLIDS:- Intersection of Cylinder Vs Cylinder, Cylinder Vs Prism, Cylinder Vs Cone.
UNIT – VI
ISOMETRIC PROJECTIONS : Principles of Isometric Projection – Isometric Scale – Isometric Views–
Conventions – Isometric Views of Lines, Plane Figures, Simple and Compound Solids – Isometric Projection
of objects having non- isometric lines. Isometric Projection of Spherical Parts.
TRANSFORMATION OF PROJECTIONS : Conversion of Isometric Views to Orthographic Views –
UNIT – VIII
PERSPECTIVE PROJECTIONS : Perspective View : Points, Lines, Plane Figures and Simple Solids,
Vanishing Point Methods (General Method only).
TEXT BOOK :
1. Engineering Drawing, N.D. Bhat / Charotar
2. Engineering Drawing and Graphics, Venugopal / New age.
3. Engineering Drawing – Basant Agrawal, TMH
1. Engineering drawing – P.J. Shah.S.Chand.
2. Engineering Drawing, Narayana and Kannaiah / Scitech publishers.
3. Engineering Drawing- Johle/Tata Macgraw Hill.
4. Computer Aided Engineering Drawing- Trymbaka Murthy- I.K. International.
5. Engineering Drawing – Grower.
6. Engineering Graphics for Degree – K.C. John.