JNTU Exam Papers I B.Tech Regular Examinations , METALLURGICAL ANALYSIS ,May / June 2008
1. Explain the terms:
2. Elaborately explain the analysis of lime stone, dolomite and magnesite.
3. (a) Explain in detail the determination of manganese by gravy metric method.
(b) Discuss the method of determining manganese by volumetric method.
4. (a) Give the procedure to determine nickel in permanent magnet alloys.
(b) Write the procedure to determine chromium in steel by ammonium sulphate method.
5. (a) Explain the different methods of assaying ores having reducing power.
(b) Give the method of assay of ores containing nickel and cobalt.
6. Mention the theories of absorptiometry and explain any two.
7. (a) Explain Potentiometric titration of a HCl-H3PO4 mixture.
(b) Discuss the DC Arc Emission Spectroscopy for metallic impurities.
8. Explain the working principle of Pulfrich photometer with neat sketches.