Guide to Using NEET Chapter Wise Question Bank in PDF for NEET Exam Preparation
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) has been announced for May 5, 2019. Considering that every year nearly 10 lakh medical aspirants take the exam for around 1 lakh seats across different government and private medical colleges in the country, now is a good time to start pouring over your books and take to your exam preparation in top gear. Of course, NEET exam preparation requires immense hard work and some serious burning of the midnight oil but studying the right topics in a smart manner is also a key factor for success. That’s where understanding the weight-age of different topics in the exam and working with NEET chapter wise question bank in PDF NEET chapter wise question bank PDFs can make a difference.
Here is your guide to NEET chapter wise question bank in PDF for optimizing your exam preparation:
NEET-UG Exam Pattern
As always, we begin this preparation guide with a run-down on the NEET pattern because bracing yourself for what’s in store for you on the exam day helps your preparation in more than one way. For starters, there will be no surprise or shock element to throw you off the guard on the all-important exam day. Secondly, knowing what the exam entails will help you be better equipped to approach different topics and subjects the right way. Thirdly, it will help you become better equipped to answer and attempt questions of every type.
NEET comprises 180 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and the exam can be attempted in either English or Hindi. You get a total of three hours to attempt these 180 questions and every correct answer earns you four marks. There is some discussion about a negative marking starting from the upcoming exam where aspirants will lose 1 mark for every wrong answer. However, this aspect is still under consideration and a decision is expected soon.
NEET Study Material
One of the most intimidating aspects of NEET exam preparation is sifting through the endless heaps of study materials and narrowing down to the most useful ones. In theory, NEET is based on NCERT concepts. However, limiting your preparation to these textbooks alone may not be the best idea, as you need to study some concept in detail to be able to understand their application better and such comprehensive information may not be available in these books.
However, this does not mean you need to ditch your NCERT books completely. Instead, use them as building blocks for basing your preparation, as these books can come in handy when preparing for reasoning and assertion type questions. Since your chances of success rest solely on a thorough understanding of concepts, you also need to supplement this core study material with time-tested books such as Disha Publications NEET books PDF, Modern ABC Objective Biology for NEET PDF, Modern ABC Objective Physics for NEET PDF, Modern ABC Objective Chemistry for NEET PDF. The PDF format is recommended as these are easy to navigate and access as opposed their bulky printed counterparts.
In addition to these, you can also rely on video tutorials for better understanding of concepts, short description of different concepts, practice questions compiled on basis of previous years’ papers and NEET preparation books, related concepts to help you understand a particular concept better, skill-based learning for mastering different concepts and cheat sheets comprising important formulas, pointers, equations and reaction mechanisms for different topics and concepts.
These should suffice not just for your NEET exam preparation but also revision and practice.
Subject Wise Tips for NEET Exam Preparation
At the outset, every topic in every subject may seem equally important to you. In reality, the weight-age of different topics in the NEET exam varies greatly. While it is true that leaving out any topics from NEET syllabus completely is not advisable, you need to prioritize topics per their importance in the exam. Remember focusing on topics with high weight-age is the rule of thumb for acing a highly competitive exam like NEET. As you work with NEET chapter wise question bank PDFs to study different subjects, these smart preparation tips and a rundown on important topics will come in handy:
- Most theory-based questions come from Modern Physics, Heat and Thermo Dynamics, Magnetism, Oscillations etc.
- As per an analysis of previous years’ papers, Magnetic Effects of Current carries the highest weight-age among all Physics chapters in the NEET exam.
- Even so, aspirants must cover every single topic thoroughly at least once and touch upon all the topics during revisions.
- The best-approach for numerical is to gauge the right formula first and then attempt the question.
- Being mindful of minor details such as ensuring that the question is presented in a similar system of unit, and if not, applying relevant conversion rules can go a long way in securing a good score.
- Some of the most important Physics topics for NEET include Electrodynamics, Semiconductors, Wave Optics, Rigid Body Dynamics, Modern Physics, and KTG & Thermodynamics.
- Chemistry is often considered to be the most scoring and easiest sections of the NEET exam, which means you have a good chance of improving your NEET score by acing this section. This makes being thorough with this subject all the more crucial.
- Focus equally on both Organic and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Be thorough with basic concepts such as chemical bonding, atomic structures, P Block elements and Chemical Equilibrium and Acids.
- Solve numerical as often as possible to hone your problem-solving skills and ability to attempt trick questions.
- Some of the top topics to focus on are Chemical Bonding, Carbonyl Compounds, Coordination Compounds and Organic Chemistry-I.
- As you know, Biology is divided into two sections – Botany and Zoology. In the recent past, the difficulty level of biology questions in the NEET exam has risen considerably.
- Topics related to plant classification and diversity are the most important in Botany. At the same time, it is safe to skimp on Plant Physiology, if you are pressed for time.
- Reproductive Health, Mendelian disorders, biodiversity and polygenic inheritance are some of the key topics to focus on in Zoology.
- In addition to these, your Biology preparation for NEET must be concentrated on Plant Anatomy, DNA Replication, Pollination, PAGE Theory, Photosynthesis, Excretory and Nervous System, Endocrine System and Digestive System.
With these study materials by your side and thorough and meticulous preparation, you can actualize your dream of cracking the NEET and making a career as a medical practitioner.