GITAM University VII SEM Genetics Genomics and Proteomics Syllabus
B.Tech. (BT) VII Semester
EURBT721: Departmental Elective: Genetics, Genomics and Proteomics
Course Code : EURBT 721 Category: DE
Credits: 3 Hours : 3 per week
Viral genomes. Molecular description of viral replication methods. Genetic diversity
of infectious microbes and humans and domestic animals.
Identification of the components of a complex mixture. Protein sequencing by mass
spectrometry. Genome sequence analysis by mass spectrometry. Analysis of
The genome of bacteriophage ?X-174. Genomes of Mycoplasma genitalium,
Escherichia coli, Methanococcus jannaschi, Mycoplasma genitalium, Saccharomyces
cerevisiae, Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila melanogaster, Arabidopsis thaliana.
The genome of Homo sapiens and its sequence determination.
Introduction to systems biology. Networks and graphs. Protein complexes and
aggregates. Protein interaction networks.
Regulatory networks. Structural biology of regulatory networks.
1. A.M.Lesk. Introduction to Bioinformatics. 2nd edition. (Oxford.).
2. S.R.Pennington and M.J.Dunn. Proteomics. Viva books. New Delhi, 2002.
1. Kohane, IS., Kho, A and Butte, A.J. 2002. Microarrays for an integrative
genomics. Barnes and Nobles, MIT press.
2. T.A.Brown. Genomes. 2nd edition. Bios scientific. 2002.
3. Molecular Biology of the Gene, J.D.Watson et al., Benjamin. 1987. 4th ed.